Your Public Restroom and Your Reputation
Your business’ reputation is one of your most important assets, and as a business owner, you likely invest a great deal of time and effort into nurturing it. Reputation is not something that you can buy, it is a reflection of other people’s opinions and impressions of your business, its employees, and its services. Making a good first impression is the first step toward building a positive reputation.
While most business owners recognize that cleanliness is important to making a good first impression, many do not extend that philosophy beyond the lobby and reception area. Despite the common sense appearance of this thought process, you might be surprised to learn that customers are likely more concerned with the cleanliness of your restrooms.
According to a survey conducted by Bradley Corporation, the cleanliness of your restrooms is a major deciding factor with regard to customer perceptions of your overall business. According to the survey results:
- 69% of customers believe an unclean restroom indicates insufficient management
- 67% of customers experience a lowered opinion of the company when restrooms are dirty
- 63% of customers equate an unkempt restroom with a low degree of care for visitors’ comfort by the company
Each statistic makes it painfully obvious that the cleanliness of your public restroom has a direct impact on your customers’ satisfaction levels.
What Can You Do?
While everyone appreciates a clean restroom, no one wants to clean them. For most businesses maintaining a clean and sanitary restroom can be challenging and many use a commercial cleaning company to do the job for them. The key here is hiring the right company.
When considering commercial cleaning companies to manage your restroom cleaning needs there are several important things to consider. Obviously you want a company that is experienced, but you also want a company that can manage all of your restroom needs.
Your commercial cleaning company should:
- Clean and disinfect all areas of the restroom with particular emphasis on high-touch areas like door handles, stall doors, faucets, hand dryers, and dispensers.
- Clean and disinfect toilets and urinals, including hard to reach areas behind toilets and urinals
- Clean and sanitize floors, walls, and countertops
- Clean and sanitize sinks
- Empty trash
- Restock soaps, toilet paper, paper towels, feminine hygiene products, urinal cakes, and other restroom supplies.
Having a commercial cleaning company manage your restroom cleaning needs ensures that your restrooms are an asset to your company and that they reflect a positive image for your business. Your customers will appreciate it, your staff will appreciate it, and you will be assured that your clients and customers are not forming poor opinions of your business due to poor restroom maintenance.