Professional warehouse cleaning services require skill, knowledge and the correct equipment. If you are in the market for this type of service you will need to understand what to look for as well as some of the services that you can expect from a professional company.
Finding a good commercial cleaning service is challenging enough when you are talking about cleaning your office. But warehouse cleaning is an entirely different ball game. You want a company that provides a service that is professional and has the necessary equipment and experience to tackle a small facility as well as large ones too. A warehouse cleaning service that addresses health and safety concerns is an absolute must.
The cleaning company will be sure to keep the floors clear of garbage and debris at all times. This is a critical function to maintain employee safety in any warehouse environment. Dusting, general cleaning and the removal of debris is just part of the job. You can be sure that you will get a custom plan based on the cleaning requirements. The cleaning crew with the assistance of the onsite supervisor will follow the plan to ensure that you have someone out there doing the cleaning as promised to keep the facility absolutely clean.
Warehouse cleaning services need to be experienced in this specialized area. The cleaning company will need to confirm that it does the following.
- The cleaning plan must ensure that it involves the services that you specifically ask for and require.
- The cleaning schedule should be in line with your requirements. It can be once a week or daily, if needed.
- The commercial cleaning company needs to be fully insured and bonded.
- The cleaning crew also needs to be thoroughly trained in warehouse cleaning.
- It is a good idea to ensure that the cleaning company has good customer references.
Several services are available when it comes to cleaning a warehouse. You can also ask for warehouse floor cleaning services if the flooring surface is greasy, dusty and just outright dirty. Floor scrubbing services include the following:
- Sweeping compound applied (if needed)
- Complete sweeping of entire warehouse floor
- Degrease stubborn oil and grease stains where required
- The use of walk behind floor scrubbers – for smaller areas
- The use of ride on floor scrubbers – for large warehouses
- Request that you’re cleaning contractor use only Tennant machines, which are the absolute best.
It is important that the commercial cleaning company knows how to work around the equipment and products that are stored in the warehouse and they must be able to perform all the above job functions without damaging anything. This is where you will see the true difference between an established janitorial services contractor and a fly by night operator.